Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 3: Tuesday, January 4th 2011

Day 3, hm let me see how many excuses my brain can give me not to work out today. Woke up sick with a sore throat, feeling under the weather, no motivation to move, still hurting from yesterday's workout and on and on. During my normal early workout time I came up with every reason for not working out today and it all came to one thing LAZINESS complete and totally being LAZY.... I didn't jump back on the bad food bandwagon at least and I managed to keep eating decently.

I spent the first part of the day putting in applications and submitting resumes all the while still making up the excuses for not working out, played on the computer some afterwards. talked to my wife and done some housework.

And THEN I made a realization, if I don't workout now, today then more than likely I will find a good excuse to get out of it tomorrow and the next day as well. I got up, grabbed the P90X schedule to see what my next workout disc was, put it in the Xbox and started the workout.  Todays disc Arms and Shoulders X along with Ab Ripper X. A small victory for me because the Arms and Shoulders was in reps with a weight of my choice so I grabbed the only set of weights around the house and did the entire 60 minutes of that video, feeling good. I moved on to the 15 minutes of the Ab Ripper X video and couldn't continue it. So I dropped one workout but I managed to complete one whole hour session today!!!

Now for the next time I do this workout I need a heavier set of dumbells but I at least know for me that I can do this workout. I need to find a good post workout recovery formula and I also need to find foods that give a little more energy to go with working out (I guess I should use the P90X diet guide as well), and I have to start drinking more water throughout the day, but I will do this I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment